WilmerHale was among the 45 law firms to be awarded the 2019 US Gold Standard Certification by the Women in Law Empowerment Forum (WILEF) for delivering on the promise of advancing the careers of women lawyers.
In a press release announcing this year’s Gold Standard winners, WILEF stated that certification was granted to major firms that met objectives concerning the number of women among equity partners, in firm leadership positions, and in the ranks of their most highly compensated partners. WilmerHale’s achievement as one of the Gold Standard winners indicates that the firm has accomplished all the following criteria:
- 20% of equity partners or, alternatively, 33% of the attorneys becoming equity partners during the past twelve months are women
- 15% of firm and US branch office heads are women
- 20% of the firm’s primary governance committee are women
- 20% of the firm’s compensation committee or its equivalent are women
- 15% of the top half of the firm’s equity partners in terms of compensation are women
- 7% of women equity partners are women of color or 3.5% of women equity partners are LGBT
WilmerHale has been dedicated to making gender diversity a business priority by recruiting top female attorneys and creating a culture where female lawyers at all stages of their career can succeed. Along with female partners holding key leadership positions in practices and committees across the firm, WilmerHale is one of the few law firms with a female co-managing partner, Susan Murley. WilmerHale’s women lawyers deliver exceptional results as trusted advisors to our clients while providing leadership within the firm and the profession at large.
This is the sixth year the firm has received the Gold Standard Certification.