WilmerHale is a leading, full-service international law firm with 1,000 lawyers located throughout 13 offices in the United States, Europe and Asia. Our practice includes more than 500 litigators with deep trial, appellate and US Supreme Court experience; a preeminent securities law practice with more than 200 lawyers; a regulatory practice that includes more than 100 lawyers who have held high-level government positions; an intellectual property practice enriched by the experience of more than 100 lawyers and technology specialists who hold scientific or technical degrees; nearly 200 seasoned corporate lawyers and business counselors; and lawyers who focus on bankruptcy, environmental, labor and employment, real estate and tax matters. Most importantly, our firm stands for a steadfast commitment to quality and excellence in everything we do—a commitment reflected in the continued success of our clients across the globe.
We are committed to recruiting, retaining, developing and promoting the best legal talent. Accordingly, the total compensation package—base salary, bonus and benefits—for all lawyers at the firm is highly competitive with that of other major law firms.
Our Financial Institutions Practice is seeking associate and senior associates with two to five years of post-JD experience. The positions can be located in our New York or Washington DC offices.
The associates would join WilmerHale’s growing financial services regulatory practice, which is experiencing increased demand from clients in several regulatory areas including consumer protection; anti-money laundering; payments regulation, registration, and licensing; operational risk management, including anti-fraud controls; scenario planning for climate risks; and other issues.
Qualified candidates will have experience in the following areas:
- Experience in bank regulatory, financial services, cryptocurrency, AML/sanctions, or payments matters.
- Experience working at or representing clients before the OCC, CFPB, Federal Reserve, FDIC, FinCEN, or state banking agencies is important.
- Transactional experience is also relevant.
- Candidates should have strong subject matter expertise in one or more areas that are current enforcement priorities of the regulatory agencies. The candidates should have experience in either rulemaking, supervision or enforcement in these areas, but this experience could be gained either by working within a regulatory agency and/or representing clients as external counsel or in-house counsel before the agencies.
- Juris Doctor
- Attorney must be licensed to practice law and a member in good standing in the state/jurisdiction in which the position is based.
- Successful candidates will have excellent writing skills, strong analytical skills, and a willingness to positively contribute to a collaborative work environment.
WilmerHale is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin or ancestry, age, disability or veteran status, or other protected status.