Our Discovery Solutions group is seeking eDiscovery Attorneys with a JD and state bar licensure. WilmerHale is an established leader in eDiscovery. WilmerHale Discovery Attorneys work with other members of our legal teams and clients to assess and understand the objectives of each matter. They assist in implementing streamlined, defensible discovery workflows, leveraging technology-assisted review and artificial intelligence. Our Smarter Discovery methodology quickly reveals core facts to our legal teams, reducing the number of nonresponsive documents to review and streamlining the review and production processes.
WilmerHale is a leading, full-service international law firm with 1,000 lawyers located throughout 13 offices in the United States, Europe and Asia. Our lawyers have played an integral role in many of the most significant cases across the globe over the past several years, including internal and governmental investigations; patent, copyright and trademark cases; regulatory, government and public policy disputes; securities class action lawsuits; and federal and state appellate cases. Additionally, our attorneys counsel investment advisers, fund sponsors, registered investment companies and their directors on the full range of legal, regulatory and compliance issues affecting the investment management industry.
Perform discovery activities, primarily document analysis, review, and production that help establish the factual foundation informing legal representation of clients.
- Conducts legal review and codes documents (including but not limited to electronic files, communications, and video and audio recordings) for relevance, responsiveness, and privilege
- Conducts complex, nuanced privilege analysis and applies redactions
- Prepares logs of withheld and/or redacted documents
- Prepares fact chronologies and summaries of noteworthy documents
- Executes quality control processes of previously reviewed documents, including pre-production QC, and provides feedback as necessary
- Collaborates closely with team members across offices on matter management and review efficiency
- May participate in opportunities to provide non-discovery legal services to clients engaging the firm’s Corporate and Investment Management practices
- May contribute legal project management services in support of client engagements
- Participates in special projects and other duties as assigned
- Demonstrated technology skills including familiarity with document review platforms, such as DISCO and Relativity
- Ability to work independently and with minimal supervision
- Superior attention to detail
- Excellent organizational skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including the ability to work effectively under pressure and with people at all levels, both inside and outside the firm
- Excellent analytical skills
- Excellent oral and written communication and language skills
- Ability to supervise others effectively
- Flexibility to work extended and often unpredictable hours, including weekends and holidays
- JD from an ABA-accredited institution
- Licensure: Active membership in good standing of the Ohio Bar
WilmerHale is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin or ancestry, age, disability or veteran status, or other protected status.