With more than 400 litigators in offices around the globe, WilmerHale is an industry leader in representing clients in all aspects of litigation. Our litigation practice is diverse geographically (across continents), substantively (covering a broad range of practice areas) and procedurally (we appear in many different types of proceedings with various pretrial, trial and appellate objectives). WilmerHale’s Securities practice numbers nearly 200 lawyers and is recognized as the “‘place to go’ for high-profile matters that carry large potential liabilities” (Chambers USA). WilmerHale regularly represents clients in the full range of investigations and proceedings initiated by the SEC, Department of Justice, FINRA, Congress, state regulators and attorneys general and other government agencies. Our Antitrust practice has approximately 75 lawyers and is ranked among the best litigation firms in the United States by the American Lawyer. We have successfully represented clients in major antitrust litigation throughout the country and have compiled a remarkable record of winning cases through summary disposition, at trial and on appeal.
To support these practices and our clients, we have developed an extensive eDiscovery counseling, document review and litigation support services function. The firm has committed significant resources to these efforts, purchasing a “next-generation” document review tool and developing a WilmerHale methodology to deliver discovery services efficiently and effectively. Our document review service operation, part of WilmerHale DiscoverySolutions and based in the Dayton Business Services Center, is a key component of our leadership in the delivery of electronic discovery and document review services. Attorneys working in the Dayton Business Services Center enable the firm to provide high quality legal services to clients at a competitive cost. It also provides our case teams with consistent staffing and maintains client-focused centers of knowledge that persist after document review and discovery are complete on an individual matter.
Function: Assist with discovery activities, primarily document analysis, review, and production. From time to time, may also take on other tasks.
- Conducts legal review and codes documents (both electronic and paper) for relevancy, responsiveness, and privilege.
- Prepares logs of privileged and/or redacted documents
- Participates in special projects and other duties as assigned
- Ability to work independently and with minimal supervision
- Superior attention to detail
- Excellent organizational skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including the ability to work effectively under pressure and with people at all levels, both inside and outside the firm
- Excellent analytical skills
- Excellent oral and written communication and language skills
- Demonstrated ability to use PC-based and on-line technology relevant to the job; familiarity with electronic document review and retrieval applications, such as DISCO and Relativity
- Ability to supervise others effectively
- Flexibility to work extended and often unpredictable hours, including weekends and holidays
Education: JD from an ABA-accredited institution and membership in good standing of the Ohio bar
Experience: At least one to two years of experience working on document collections, reviews, and productions or equivalent experience preferred
WilmerHale is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin or ancestry, age, disability or veteran status, or other protected status.