WilmerHale W. I. R. E. UK Blog
WilmerHale Lawyers and Practices Recognized in Chambers UK 2021Recognition
The team is currently instructed on most of the significant SFO and FCA matters, including the investigations into manipulation of benchmarks (Libor and FX), Barclays (payments to Qatar), Alstom (alleged corruption), Serco (alleged overcharging), ENRC (alleged corruption), Rio Tinto (alleged corruption) and a member of the separate investigations connected to corruption investigation into Unaoil.
Ranked for Outstanding Work and Reputation: Financial Crime
Ranked No. 1 Top Investigations Practice
Global Investigations Review (GIR) 30
Commended in Best Law Firms Guide
- Chambers UK: A Client’s Guide to the UK Legal Profession – WilmerHale is ranked for Financial Crime: Corporates and Financial Crime: Individuals in the 2018–2024 editions of the guide, with clients saying the firm is “renowned” and has “considerable experience [with] white-collar crime matters, including SFO work.” Clients say they are “dedicated, close to the customer and very professional.”
- Chambers UK: A Client’s Guide to the UK Legal Profession – WilmerHale is ranked for Financial Services: Contentious Regulatory in the 2020–2024 editions of the guide.
- Commended in The Times ‘Best Law Firms” guide 2019 and 2020 for financial crime, fraud and regulatory.
- The Legal 500 UK – In the 2018–2022 editions, WilmerHale is ranked for Fraud: White-Collar Crime; Regulatory Investigations and Corporate Crime; and Financial Services, Contentious.
- Global Investigations Review – Named WilmerHale the winner of the 2022 “Most Impressive Investigations Practice of the Year” and a finalist in its 2021 “Most Impressive Investigations Practice of the Year,” “Most Important Court Case of the Year” and “Most Important Development of the Year” contests. Since 2015, the firm has been ranked at the top of GIR’s list of the world’s most accomplished investigations practices. GIR also gave WilmerHale a 2016 nod as “Most Impressive Investigations Practice of the Year” for its cross-border work in both high-profile internal and government-led investigations.
- Chambers Global – WilmerHale is ranked in the 2016 edition for corporate investigations and corporate investigations: anti-corruption.
- Law360 – Ranked WilmerHale number six in its 2015 Securities/White Collar Practice Group Partner rankings, which recognize the 100 largest and most powerful securities and white-collar practices.
- The Lawyer – Ranked WilmerHale among the top 10 litigation practices in the world in the 2013 list of the Global Litigation Top 50.