- Representing biopharmaceutical company Celtaxsys in a $40 million Series D financing. In connection with the financing, Celtaxsys entered into an award and development agreement with Cystic Fibrosis Foundation Therapeutics and licensed its rights in several Eastern European and Asian countries;
- Representing UK company Mirriad in its $15 million Series A round. Mirriad, which makes technology that enables brands to advertise by integrating into popular TV content and music videos, has an office in India and is expanding in the US;
- Representing Viamet Pharmaceuticals Holdings in investments from US, Irish and other UK-based investors; and
- Representing UXPin, a user experience design tool company with teams in Silicon Valley and Poland, in seed and early-stage financings.
Mergers & Acquisitions
- Representing Regal Entertainment Group in signing of definitive agreement to be acquired by Cineworld Group PLC, the UK’s largest cinema operator;
- Representing BAE Systems in its acquisitions of Atlantic Marine, a ship construction and vessel maintenance services provider, and OASYS Technology, an electro-optical systems company, and in the sale of BAE Systems Safety Products and Schroth Safety Products to Takata Corporation;
- Representing Barclays PLC in the sale of its US wealth and investment management business to Stifel Financial, a US-based brokerage and investment banking firm;
- Representing UK game-maker NaturalMotion in its $527 million acquisition of Zynga, the world’s leading provider of social game services;
- Representing AVIC International Holding (Zhuhai) Company in its $230 million acquisition of California-based Align Aerospace Holding, as well as in its CFIUS and antitrust filings and in obtaining Chinese regulatory approval for the acquisition;
- Representing Bermuda-based Bacardi Limited in its acquisition of Angel’s Share Brands, marking Bacardi's entry into the bourbon category; and
- Representing Lufthansa in numerous M&A transactions, including its acquisition of a 30% stake in bmi British Midland, and joint ventures for its cargo and aircraft maintenance businesses.
- Representing Yandex N.V., the operator of the leading Search engine in Russia, in its initial public offering;
- Representing UK-based biopharmaceutical company Summit Therapeutics in its initial public offering;
- Representing Austrian-based client Nabriva Therapeutics in its initial public offering;
- Representing the underwriters in UK-based biopharmaceutical company Adaptimmune Therapeutics plc’s initial public offering; and
- Representing Danaher Corporation in a €2.7 billion offering of senior notes.
Strategic Alliances, Outsourcing & Licensing
- Counseling on the formation of the Star Alliance—the largest airline alliance in the world, comprising more than 15 international carriers;
- Representing TiVo in a Build-Operate-Transfer M&A and outsourcing deal with Ness USA, in which TiVo contracted Ness to create a dedicated technology facility in Iasi, Romania, from which Ness will provide application development services to TiVo;
- Representing the National Hockey League in its licensing of the NHL Centre Ice television package in Canada;
- Representing Ophthotech in an ex-US licensing and commercialization agreement with Novartis Pharmaceuticals related to the treatment of wet age-related macular degeneration; and
- Counseling Merrimack Pharmaceuticals in an exclusive license and collaboration agreement with Baxter International for the development and commercialization a development-stage drug for pancreatic cancer outside of the United States and Taiwan.
- Chambers Global – Recognized 34 WilmerHale lawyers and 27 practice areas in their 2020 edition. Among those named “The Leading Global Lawyers for Business” were Mark Borden and Jay Bothwick for corporate/M&A: international/cross-border, Steve Singer for Life Sciences: Corporate/Commercial and Rob Finkel for outsourcing.
- JUVE Handbook – A leading legal publication in Germany named WilmerHale’s Berlin and Frankfurt offices among its 2012/2013–2019/2020 “Top 50” law firms in Germany, and highly recommended our corporate and mergers and acquisitions practices
- American Lawyer – WilmerHale’s representation of Hilton Worldwide Holdings in their $6.5 billion investment by HNA Group was selected as 2017 Global Finance Deal of the Year under the Acquisition Finance category
- The Legal 500 Deutschland – Recommended WilmerHale in eight practice areas and 11 WilmerHale lawyers within their respective practice areas in the 2020 edition
- The International Financial Law Review – Named WilmerHale to its shortlist of nominees for its 2018 Deals of the Year Award