Emerging Company and Venture Capital
Represented Altiostar, a pioneer in open virtualized RAN technology, in a $114 million Series C financing round led by Rakuten, Qualcomm Ventures and Tech Mahindra.
Represented BioCatch, a global leader in behavioral biometrics, in a $145 million Series C investment led by Bain Capital Tech Opportunities.
Represented Capella Space, a startup planning a constellation of radar imaging satellites, in multiple financing rounds including in its $29.4 million Series B funding led by Spark Capital and DCVC.
Represented Dedrone, an automated drone security platform, in its $27 later-stage financing round from TempoCap, Aqton and Levitate Capital.
Represented Eko Devices, a developer of digital medical devices and smartphone-enabled medical technologies, in its $20 million Series B financing round led by Artis Ventures and NTT Venture Capital.
Represented Immuta, an AI data management software developer, in a $40 million Series C financing round led by Intel Capital.
Represented MineralTree, a fintech company providing accounts payable and automated payment solutions, in its $50 million growth equity investment led
by Great Hill Partners.
Represented Pandion Therapeutics, a clinical-stage biotechnology company developing modular protein therapeutics for autoimmune disease, in an $80 million Series B financing co-led by Access Biotechnology and Boxer Capital.
Represented RightHand Robotics, a leading provider of robotic e-commerce solutions, in a $23 million Series B financing round led by Menlo Ventures with participation from GV, Dream Incubator and Matrix Partners.
Represented RigUp, the energy industry’s predominant marketplace for on-demand services and labor, in a $300 million Series D financing round led by Andreessen Horowitz.
Represented Stash, a fintech platform revolutionizing investment and financial literacy across the United States, in several financing rounds including its $112 million Series F funding.
Represented TwentyEight-Seven, a biotechnology company focused on modulating non-coding RNA (ncRNA) biology to develop treatments for cancer and other diseases, in its $82.8 million Series A financing co-led by MPM Capital and Novartis Venture Fund.
Represented ZeroNorth, a provider of risk-based vulnerability orchestration across applications and infrastructure, in its $10 million Series A funding round led by Crosslink Capital.
Represented investors such as Atlas Venture, Bessemer Venture Partners, Flagship Pioneering, General Catalyst, Highland Capital Partners, Khosla Ventures, North Bridge Venture Partners, Samsara BioCapital, Sofinnova Ventures, Spark Capital and Thrive Capital, among numerous others, in venture financings.
Recognized as a Top Firm in the Nation for Startups & Emerging Companies
Recommended for Venture Capital and Emerging Companies
The Legal 500 United States
Named a Leading Law Firm for Venture Capital Law
U.S. News - Best Lawyers®
- Chambers USA: America’s Leading Lawyers for Business – Named our corporate practice among the best in 2020, with sources saying that WilmerHale provides “excellent service and quality advice and representation” and is “very knowledgeable” with “a deep wealth of information on matters impacting rapidly growing venture-backed startups.” The current edition of Chambers USA also ranked WilmerHale in the following related regions and practices: nationwide for Startups & Emerging Companies; Massachusetts for Corporate/M&A, Private Equity: Venture Capital Investment, and Technology; and Washington DC for Corporate/M&A & Private Equity. WilmerHale was also ranked among the top FinTech law firms in the US in its 2020 FinTech guide.
- The Legal 500 United States – Recommended WilmerHale’s Emerging Company and Venture Capital Practice in the areas of venture capital and emerging companies, commercial deals and contracts, corporate governance, M&A middle-market, and tax in its 2010–2020 editions.
- U.S. News - Best Lawyers® – Recognized in the 2010–2021 “Best Law Firms” rankings. In the 2021 rankings, our corporate, mergers and acquisitions, and venture capital law practices were ranked in the first tier nationally and in Boston, and our corporate law practice was also ranked in the first tier in New York and Washington DC and in the second tier in Colorado. Our technology law practice was also ranked in the first tier in Boston and in the second tier nationally.
- Best Lawyers in America – Recognized 124 WilmerHale partners for 2020, naming 11 as “Lawyers of the Year.”
- Corporate Board Member – In 2014, 2016 and 2018, the most recent edition, WilmerHale was named to Top National Corporate Law Firms list, a comprehensive ranking of the top 25 firms in the nation. Results are based on law firm surveys and feedback from thousands of directors and general counsel.
- Lake Whillans – The Life Sciences Law Firm Index included WilmerHale among the top three best life sciences law firms (2016, 2017), as the top firm for startup work (2017), among the top 10 deal firms (2017) and among the top 10 firms for thought leadership (2016).
- Law360 – Named WilmerHale a Technology Practice Group of the Year for 2016–2018, an award recognizing the firm’s key role in the significant matters that made headlines and changed the legal landscape within the past year.
- LMG Life Sciences – Named WilmerHale the US Life Cycle Firm of the Year in 2017–2020 and among the shortlist from 2012–2020. LMG has also ranked the firm in its 2012–2020 editions in corporate, licensing and collaboration, M&A, venture capital and several other practice areas, and named 21 WilmerHale lawyers as “life sciences stars.”
- Super Lawyers – Our corporate lawyers are consistently recognized as “Super Lawyers” and “Rising Stars” in multiple jurisdictions.