Initial Public Offerings – Issuers
Representing issuers, including Acacia Communications, Aileron Therapeutics, Akouos, Apellis Pharmaceuticals, Arsanis, Arvinas, Blue Apron, Casa Systems, Constellation Pharmaceuticals, Decibel Therapeutics, Dyne Therapeutics, EverQuote, Fulcrum Therapeutics, Generation Bio, IMARA, Inozyme Pharma, Kala Pharmaceuticals, Pandion Therapeutics, Schrödinger, Stealth BioTherapeutics, Syros Pharmaceuticals, Translate Bio and Trevi Therapeutics, in initial public offerings.
Initial Public Offerings – UnderwritersRepresenting underwriters in initial public offerings, including those of Amylyx Pharmaceuticals, Arcellx, CinCor Pharma, Crescera Capital Acquisition Corp., Icosavax, Ikena Oncology, Rallybio and Theseus Pharmaceuticals.
Follow-On Public Offerings and PIPE PlacementsRepresenting companies, including Agios Pharmaceuticals, Akebia Therapeutics, Apellis Pharmaceuticals, AVEO Pharmaceuticals, Casella Waste Systems, Catabasis Pharmaceuticals, Conformis, Curis, Danaher, Editas Medicine, Epizyme, Farmer Mac, Franklin Street Properties, Infinity Pharmaceuticals, Iterum Therapeutics, Kala Pharmaceuticals, Nightstar Therapeutics, Ocular Therapeutix, PAR Technology, Sage Therapeutics, Solid Biosciences, Spark Therapeutics, State Street, Tetraphase Pharmaceuticals and WEX, in follow-on public offerings and PIPE placements of common and preferred stock.
SPACS (Special Purpose Acquisition Companies)Representing private companies in SPAC business combinations, as well as SPACs and their sponsors in IPOs and business combinations. We also represent private equity, venture capital, family offices and other investors in PIPEs and other SPAC-related investments, and investment banks acting as underwriters, financial advisors and placement agents in SPAC transactions. Our SPAC practice draws on our strengths in capital markets and M&A, and our extensive experience working with growth companies in industry sectors such as healthcare and life sciences, technology, fintech, cleantech, media and entertainment, aviation, energy and others. SPAC transactions in which we have been involved on behalf of our clients have included, among others, Thoma Bravo Advantage/ironSource, Longview Acquisition/Butterfly Network, Vesper Acquisition/Hydrafacial, Falcon Capital/Sharecare and HighCape/Quantum SI.
Convertible Notes and Other Equity-Linked SecuritiesRepresenting issuers, including Akamai Technologies, Apellis Pharmaceuticals, Danaher, Fortive, Karyopharm Therapeutics, MicroStrategy, PTC Therapeutics and TechTarget in Rule 144A placements and public offerings of convertible notes and other equity-linked securities.
Investment Grade and High-Yield NotesRepresenting issuers, including Analog Devices, Danaher, Discovery, Emergent BioSolutions, Entegris, Houghton Mifflin Harcourt, Huntington Ingalls Industries, Intercept Pharmaceuticals, Medtronic, PerkinElmer, State Street, S&P Global, Thermo Fisher Scientific and WEX, in Rule 144A placements and public offerings of investment grade and high-yield notes.
Recognized Among the Best for Capital Markets
Named a First-Tier National Firm for Securities/Capital Markets Law
U.S. News - Best Lawyers®
Recognized as a Leading Firm for Capital Markets
The Legal 500 United States
- Chambers USA: America’s Leading Lawyers for Business – Ranked WilmerHale in Massachusetts for Capital Markets and in Massachusetts and Washington DC for Corporate/M&A.
- Chambers Global – Recognized 32 WilmerHale lawyers and 27 practice areas in their 2021 edition.
- Best Lawyers in America – Recognized 124 WilmerHale partners for 2020, naming 11 as “Lawyers of the Year.”
- U.S. News - Best Lawyers® – Recognized in the 2010–2023 “Best Law Firms” rankings. In the 2023 rankings, our corporate, mergers and acquisitions, and venture capital law practices were ranked in the first tier nationally and in Boston, and our corporate law practice was also ranked in the first tier in Colorado, New York and Washington DC. Our securities/capital markets law practice was ranked in the first tier nationally and in Washington DC. Our technology law practice was also ranked in the first tier in Boston.
- The Legal 500 United States – Regularly recognizes WilmerHale’s Capital Markets practice among top law firms for our work in the areas of Debt—Advice to Issuers and Equity Offerings—Advice to Issuers, most recently in 2022.
- Corporate Board Member – In 2014, 2016 and 2018, WilmerHale was named to Top National Corporate Law Firms list, a comprehensive ranking of the top 25 firms in the nation. Results are based on law firm surveys and feedback from thousands of directors and general counsel.
- LMG Life Sciences – Named WilmerHale the US Life Cycle Firm of the Year in 2017 and among the shortlist on eight occasions from 2012–2022. LMG has also ranked the firm in its 2012–2022 editions in corporate, licensing and collaboration, M&A, venture capital and several other practice areas, and named many WilmerHale lawyers “life sciences stars.”
- Law360 – Named WilmerHale a Technology Practice Group of the Year for 2016–2018, an award recognizing the firm’s key role in the significant matters that made headlines and changed the legal landscape within the past year.
- Super Lawyers – Our corporate lawyers are consistently recognized as “Super Lawyers” and “Rising Stars” in multiple jurisdictions.