Our extensive experience in all aspects of cross-border transactions includes corporate finance, venture capital, mergers and acquisitions, and joint ventures. Bringing together transactional, securities, tax, antitrust and intellectual property lawyers from North America, Europe and Asia, we offer flexible, multidisciplinary resources to clients with global operations and interests. International matters have included:
- Numerous venture capital transactions, as investor and company counsel, in the UK and Germany, including representation of BioVex (£17 million), Southampton Photonics ($15 million) and U3 Pharma (€12 million)
- Representation of Bookham Technology in its $330 million acquisition of New Focus, a US-based public company
- Numerous M&A transactions for Lufthansa, including its acquisition of a 30% stake in bmi British Midland, and joint ventures for its cargo and aircraft maintenance businesses
- The $700 million merger of Parthus Technologies, an Irish public company, with a division of DSP Group, managed in Israel
- Formation of the Star Alliance—the largest airline alliance in the world, comprising more than 15 international carriers
With the EU’s chemicals regulation, REACH, we have assembled an interdisciplinary team of lawyers who not only have significant experience with all key aspects of REACH, but can also advise companies on how best to position themselves in light of globally intensifying environmental issues in Europe, the Americas (US) and Asia (China).