Susan Murley is a co-managing partner of the firm, as well as a partner in the Corporate Practice Group. She is a member of the firm's Management Committee. Ms. Murley previously served as chair of the Transactional Department, chair of the Corporate Practice Group and chair of the firm's Hiring Committee. She is also a former member of the Executive Committee. Ms. Murley joined the firm in 1986.
Ms. Murley concentrates her practice primarily in the areas of corporate finance, mergers and acquisitions and corporate governance. Her practice includes the representation of publicly-held companies, as well as venture backed and other privately-held companies. Ms. Murley has been involved in domestic and international mergers and acquisitions, initial and follow-on public offerings of securities, private issuances of securities, asset sales and negotiation of license and distribution agreements.
Ms. Murley acts as outside general counsel and lead transactional counsel to companies in a range of industries, including biotechnology, pharmaceutical, medical devices, software and services, the Internet and financial services.
Among her clients are Akamai Technologies, Inc.; Aspect Medical Systems, Inc.; BioSphere Medical, Inc.; The First Marblehead Corporation; NxStage Medical, Inc.; Idenix Pharmaceuticals, Inc.; and Sepracor Inc.
Representative transactions in which Ms. Murley has served as counsel include:
- Many life sciences and high technology industry public offerings for both issuers and underwriters
- Venture capital financing for companies in the biotechnology, medical device and technology industries
- A wide range of merger and acquisition transactions, including acquisitions and dispositions of numerous public and private companies
- Strategic alliances in the life sciences industry
- General corporate and securities law advice to companies and boards of directors