Our firm has advised and represented clients in many of the largest cartel cases in key industries, including auto parts, air cargo, TFT-LCD flat panel, bearings, capacitors, Libor, municipal derivatives, forex, credit default swaps, auto glass, parcel tanker, oil and gas, soda ash, bathroom fixtures, flour milling, graphite electrodes, pre-insulated heating pipe, industrial tubes, copper plumbing tubes, vitamins, and synthetic rubber.
Our Berlin and Brussels offices have been involved in most of the major investigations by the German Federal Cartel Office. And we have an extensive cartel litigation practice, encompassing private antitrust damage litigation in the United States and appeals in the European courts.
Some of our representative matters include:
- Representing Japanese auto parts manufacturer DENSO and its US subsidiary in a criminal antitrust investigation and civil class action litigation. We secured a favorable settlement on behalf of DENSO with the DOJ in the largest antitrust investigation in US history.
- Obtaining leniency in the United States, EC and other jurisdictions for a major European air cargo carrier and defending it in the treble damage class action litigations filed in the wake of the DOJ investigation.
- Representing a TFT-LCD manufacturer in a DOJ investigation and in related private treble damage class action litigations.
- Representing a major Norwegian shipping company in securing a substantial downward departure for its “exemplary cooperation” in a US antitrust grand jury investigation.
- Representing one of the appellants in the EC’s landmark Cement Cartel case, which concerned procedural and substantive issues in cartel enforcement. We obtained annulment of the fine that had been imposed on our client.
- Representing a Finnish producer in the Industrial Tubes and Copper Plumbing Tubes cases, obtaining 70% reductions in the fines imposed.